Tuesday, July 19, 2016

The Awning on the Fuse



Winnebago Fuse Awning

The awning on the Fuse 23a is very nice.   It is manufactured by Carefree of Colorado. On my 23a it is 16 feet long and which is the majority of the length of the coach.

Winnebago Fuse Awning

It requires nothing more to extend and retract than to push a button.  The switches are located in the step well for the door and I find myself sitting on the steps when I put it out.

Winnebago Fuse AwningWinnebago Fuse Awning


The first thing you have to to do to use the awning is to push the awning power button to the on position.   Then push the awning button and hold it in either the in or the out position until it is where you want it.   There is a safety built in that requires you to have the ignition key in the off position before you can extend the awning.  (Don't ask how I found out about these safeties) It takes a minute  to go in or out and is super easy.  Just let go of the switch when it is all of the way out or in.  When it comes in it makes a pop as it locks into place.

Per the manual it also has a gust detector that will bring in the awning during high wind.  So far I have not had to test this (thankfully).  I have taken an old-timers advice and put the awning in whenever it looks scary outside.

Winnebago Fuse AwningWinnebago Fuse Awning

Winnebago Fuse AwningWinnebago Fuse Awning

I think that the best part is that there are no supports or struts or anything else to get in the way.  It is helped out by an ingenious set of sliding arms.  They just sort of stay out of the way.  The outside end is a little lower than the rest of the awning and allows the water to run off.   I do want to duck when I go under it but it is a little higher than I am tall (6 foot).

Winnebago Fuse Awning

Another nice feature is a strip of LED lights along the outside edge of the awning. These are a bluish color and at night they supply some nice subdued light.  It is not as harsh as the  white patio light next to the door.

One other piece of advice.  Stand inside when you bring in the awning.  If you leave the awning out overnight it collects dew.  The dew will shed off as the awning goes in.  If you are stating outside holding the button you will get wet.  Again, don't ask how I know.

6 comments:

  1. Don i dont see the tire lug wrench to remove stainless steel hubcaps everyone is talking about. Only one I have is for the slide out to open manually if needed

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to check. We have a wrench the dealer said was for the hubcaps but they did not point out one for the slide out. I am able to check the pressure with one of my truck tire gauges (the old one) without taking off the hubcaps. The newer one is at the wrong angle to get a seal. If I ever need to add air I am pretty sure I will have to remove them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I put a photo of it in the Facebook thread. (not sure hot to add a photo in comments) Mine was nice enough to have a label on it saying what it was for. I can always use that type of help. It was located in the document pouch along with a funnel for adding DEF.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just purchased a 2017 Fuse 23A and think the awning hangs rather low. I looked at the directions for adjusting the pitch, but was unable to turn the screws indicated.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know there is a way. Several people have had the dealer do it as part of warrantee work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not heard about a gust detector on ours 2017 T

    ReplyDelete