Monday, February 29, 2016

Cooking in the convection oven - attempt #2


This is my second attempt at cooking in the convection oven and it was a SUCCESS!!!

Tonights snack is Pillsbury Orange Rolls.


This time I decided to cook them with no changes from the instructions.  I used the times listed for a conventional oven.  In this case 400 degrees for 19 minutes.


First I preheated the oven.  It took 10 minutes to bring the oven up to 400 degrees.

I arranged the rolls in an 8" round metal cake pan and placed the pan on the metal rack that came with the oven.  I picked the short arrangement for the rack since I read that the important part was just to let the air circulate.  I left the glass tray in the bottom of the oven so the pan would rotate during cooking and ensure an even bake.

After 19 minutes the oven turned itself off and I pulled the rolls out of the oven.   They looked perfect.


I put the icing on them and brought them in to the house.


They came out perfect.  They were neither overdone or underdone.  There were just right.

So I think the next time I cook cookies (my first attempt) I will just use the normal times and not worry about this being a convection oven.




No comments:

Post a Comment