Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Induction Cookware for the Fuse


I carry a several pots and pans in the Fuse so I can cook whatever we want.   When we first bought the motorhome,  I purchased three pieces of cookware for the kitchen.

Circulon Stainless Pans


First, was a Circulon Genesis Stainless Steel Nonstick 3-Quart Covered Straining Saucepan.
Second, was a Circulon Genesis Stainless Steel Nonstick 5-Quart Covered Dutch Oven.
Lastly, I purchased a Calphalon Unison 12 inch Nonstick Everyday Pan.

Motorhome Pan Storage


We have them all stored under the kitchen sink.  They are separated with dishtowels to keep them from rattling.   We also put in some adjustable shelving to maximize the space.

I am rather particular about my pots and pans.  I wanted the pans to be similar to the ones I had at the house so I didn't have to change my cooking style.  Non-stick was important so cleanup would be easy.   With this variety of pots and pans I can cook pretty much anything from rice to hash browns to spaghetti.

I really like a deep 12 inch skillet to cook in.  Unfortunately the long handle for a skillet is not ideal for the small space we set aside under the sink.  I changed it out for an everyday pan since it is the same as a deep skillet but with loop handles.

This collection of pots and pans have worked very well up to now.  But now, I have run into a problem with the everyday pan.   It is not magnetic and will not work with our new NuWave induction cooktop we discussed earlier.   The others work fine.  Since I use the everyday pan often, it had to be replaced.

Everyday pan

Looking around I found an answer - a TECHEF - Onyx Collection, 12-Inch Everyday Pan.   It is not a brand that I have used before, but since it got good reviews so I ordered one.   With non-stick pans I have been pretty happy with Circulon and Calphalon Unison brands.  Going with a brand I am not failure with does have me concerned, but when it arrived it seemed pretty nice.

Chicken and Rice on stove

The pan is a good design and is heavy for good heat distribution.  It has worked well on the induction cooktop with no problems.  The 12 inch size is what I am use to at the house and it comes with a nice glass lid so you can let food simmer.

So we tried it on a couple of things.    The ultimate test was chicken and rice.  Worked out really well and most importantly, cleaned up without any effort.  No sticking.   A big win.

Induction cookware

How do you tell if a pan will work with induction cooking.  You can just believe the manufacturer and that will work.  You can also do a test.  Does a magnet stick to the bottom.  If it does you are in business.   I have checked all of the pans in the Fuse and they are all good.




No comments:

Post a Comment