Sunday, October 23, 2016

Eastbank Campground - Lake Seminole


Eastbank Campground


Fall has come to North Florida.  This morning it was in the 50s.  Perfect RV weather.   So once I got the chores done we got in the Fuse and headed to one of our discoveries last weekend.  The East Bank Campground at Lake Seminole.

The beauty is that is is only about an hour from our house.  A very easy drive down I-10  and then up to Chattahoochee.   While most of Florida is flat as a pancake, the area around Chattahoochee actually has hills.  Go across the Lake and it is flat again, but at the campground there is some rise and fall.  A real treat for a Floridian.

We did not have any reservations, but we decided to test our luck and go for it.  The campground is an Army Corps of Engineers project.   You can make reservations on Reserve America if you know you are going more than 4 days in advance.  We got to the check-in building and they had plenty of spaces available.  The folks working there were very friendly and helpful.  On the other hand they did ask me if I wanted the Senior discount so I must be looking rougher that I thought.

Since I never had camped at a COE site they entered me into the computer.  I gave them my phone number which is how it is indexed, so next time we stay at any COE run sites we are already in the system   The cost for the night was $24.00.  They take cash, check and credit cards.  They assigned me to site 14, gave me some advice on ants and we went down the hill to our loop.

Eastbank Campground


We got to our site and all I can say is it is as nice of a site as we have ever stayed in.  Everything is clean and manicured.  There is only electric (30 and 50 amps) and water at the sites but there is a dump station on the way out. Everything at the site is about as immaculate as can be.  The sites are crushed stone on this loop.  There were some sites that were along the road on the upper loop that were paved.

Eastbank Campground


There are two bath houses for the campground.  They are both at the upper loop.  The sites by the lake have a walk uphill to get to them, so you need to decide what is most important.

Eastbank Campground


We got to our site and pulled in.  We did have to pull up and back a little to find a perfectly level spot but the entire site was in the bubble.  I plugged in the Fuse to the electric and set up camp.  Since we are only going to be here one night we left the slide in, put out the chairs and started enjoying the beautiful day.

Eastbank Campground


The campground sits right on the bank of Lake Seminole.  The view is gorgeous.   I am not sure what more to say.

Eastbank Campground


We brought our new E-Joe bike and rode around some.  There are some hills here but they were no problem for the E-bike.  I peddled on low assist and playing with the gears some I was able to go up and down with no problems.

Some other things.  We got 10 OTA channels on the TV so watching some football was an option.   I am still thinking that a satellite system is not necessary.  Verizon LTE was pretty good so I was able to get on the Internet.  Since the lake is on the Eastern/Central timezone line, our cellphones were off by an hour.

For the trip details.   110 miles traveled.  Mostly down I-10.  15.2 mpg on the computer and 15.7 mpg when calculated by hand.


A companion video is at:  https://youtu.be/v9PGQMIQlS4





1 comment:

  1. COE camping fees are reduced 50% with a National Parks Service Senior Pass! We've always been very pleased with COE campgrounds. Also, take a look at Don Wright's Camping with the Corps of Engineers.

    ReplyDelete