Friday, May 19, 2017

Velcro Cinch Straps

From some of the articles in this blog you might think I am a neat freak.   If you ever come over to the house you will quickly discover that that is the far, far from the truth.

The thing is,  that in a small motorhome like the Fuse you really have to keep things organized.  The small size of the interior magnifies anything that is out of place or messy.  This can create tension in the vehicle and there is no way to defuse it with distance.

So, I am always on the lookout for things to organize the RV better.  I did a review on the best item in the world to have, a poncho liner a while back ago.     The small problem with the poncho liner like any blanket is that it takes up a lot of room when it is just folded up.  It fluffs up like it is designed to and takes up space.

Rolled up poncho liner


So how to fix this.  How about rolling it up and securing it with some cinch straps.   I think this is  the perfect solution.

So I purchased some velcro cinch straps.   OK, velcro is sort of like Kleenex.  The exact ones I purchased were from a company called  Tiego, A 12 pack of assorted cinch straps and cable ties.   I need the  assortment since I had some other things on my mind as well.    I really needed the 22/24 inch size for the poncho.

Velcro Cinch strap


It worked out great.  Much better than using cordage or rubber bands.   They are really easy to use.  Just roll up the blanket and use a couple of straps.   You can make it as tight or loose as you want.

Velcro Cinch Strap


You can also use the straps for other things as well.   These are just a real nice idea to keep things nice and tidy.

No comments:

Post a Comment