Monday, February 29, 2016

Carpeted Step

One of the things I remember from my childhood was dad always having a piece of carpet on the RV step(s).  Most of the time he glued a piece of astroturf to the step and it hurt if you were barefoot, but there was always something to wipe your feet.

This weekend we added a wrap around carpet to the Fuse step.   This carpet was from amazon and was held in place with 5 springs.    The hardest part of the job was collecting the springs from under the coach each time one slipped from my arthritic hands.   Eventually I got my Daughter to help since my hands do not work as well as they use to.  A very easy job in all reality.    In looking at the construction, if the springs do not hold, zip ties will be the backup plan and they would be easier to manipulate.


I do have a one concern about it.    Will it trap water and create rust or mold.   It is not on there too tight so there should be some air flow.  I will have to keep an eye on it over time.



No comments:

Post a Comment