Friday, January 20, 2017

The 2017.5 Fuse Ground Clearance is Higher


Fuse increased road clearance

Winnebago has listened to our concerns and raised the ground clearance on the 2017.5 Fuse.   I now have visual proof that they actually did it.

This week we have been at the Tampa RV show and noticed that the Fuse 23a that we were hanging around at seemed a little higher than our 2017.  There was a 2017 23T parked just behind it and you could see the difference.

The angle of this photo does exaggerate the difference in the model years, but the difference in heights  is really is there and noticeable.  I did not have my tape measure with me or I would have measured.   As best as I could estimate, it was at least a full inch.

My bet is that this should go a long way to address the Fuse scraping bottom or getting rump rash when driveway angles are steep or wonky (The rear scrape I had was when I pulled out onto a crowned road surface).  The skid bars are still there in case the extra height is not enough.   It might not be enough for all cases but it looks like a great improvement.

Update -   Peggy measured her 2017.5 23T and it was 12.5 inches.  My 23a is 11 inches even.


P.S.   I want to thank everyone that I got to meet this week.   There were 4 or 5 members of the Facebook group that I finally got to meet face to face.   I also met a number of new people that are interested in the Fuse that I hope become members of the community in the future.  And lastly, I had a great time with a bunch of Travato owners and WIT Winnie B members that greatly outnumbered Sonya and myself, but put up with us anyhow.

1 comment:

  1. Would it be possible to get some additional ground clearance if you put on 235/85r16 tires, or will the wheel well configuration not allow that?

    ReplyDelete