Friday, April 30, 2021

Kenlake State Resort Park and then on to the Rally

We spent the night at Kenlake State Resort Park in Hardin, KY.    Kenlake is 10-15 min away from Murray, KY home to Murray State University and the closest Walmart.  

This is really nice state park.  There is a lodge, cabins, restaurant, activities and the campground.  The campground is not really close to the lodge but is not too far (easy bike ride) to several small restaurants in Aurora.  One of the things we saw as we drove around the park was some interesting artwork.  The photo is from one overlooking the lake near the tennis facility.

AD LIBITUM statue Kenlake State Park

We got to the campground and down came the deluge.  A huge rain and I got soaked getting our electricity plugged in and some water added to the tank.   I would have tried to wait it out, but being the rusty campers we have become we let the water tank run dry and need to be able to flush.  So into the rain I went.

We were at site 80.  Note to others the sites share electricity and water so bring a long electrical cord if in an even site or a long hose in an odd site.  The 25' attached cord had to be stretched under the fuse but barely made it.  Another foot over and it would not have. 

Fuse at Kenlake State Park

The bath house was across from our site.  It was about par for a state park.  Clean, plenty of hot water and good water pressure in the showers.  It was a nice place to stay for the night.

Kenlake state park Bath house

Thursday started off as a rainy day.   So rainy in fact that I got soaked again unhooking the electricity at the campsite.    Though we had a couple of stops planned between Kenlake State Park and the rally site at Whittington Woods Campground , we decided that staying dry was a better plan so we just took the drive.   It really was not a long one.  We left at 10:00 and made it to Benton, Il by Noon.

Our first stop was at Arbys for lunch.  I can report that there was nice parking at the rear for your Fuse and after a large Roast Beef and a Gyro (both pretty good) we were ready to get a few more supplies for a couple of days at the rally.  So we stopped at the Walmart.  Apparently we were noticed, but we missed the other Fuse in the parking lot since the report at the campground was that two Fuses were at the Walmart.  I guess I am getting old.

A 5 minute drive down the interstate and we were at our home for the next couple of days.  And waiting for us were Deb and Lee to welcome us to the Rally.

Early Fuses at the rally

No comments:

Post a Comment