Saturday, September 17, 2016

Quick MPG Update 9/17


Just a quick update on the mileage I am getting on my Fuse 23a.  Several weeks ago I filled up the Fuse in Live Oak Florida before I came back to Tallahassee.  I normally would have filled up when I got back to town.  Due to the hurricane that had just come through, I wanted to make sure I had plenty of gas so I made sure I was good well before I got back to town.

Beagle in a Fuse


It had been 2 weeks since I took the Fuse out for a ride.   I took the advice I give everyone else and  did a short 40 mile trip down the Interstate.  I keep telling everyone that RVs rot when they sit still and are not exercised.  So my co-pilot Lilly the beagle and I went down I-10 to the newly refurbished rest stop near Midway. Florida.  Lilly got some good sniffs in at the stop and I verified my bike rack installation was solid had no rattles.

On the way home I filled up at our local Murphy station.  $2.17/gallon.  120 miles since the last fill-up and I got 15.25mpg.  I traveled at my normal speed of 68mph.  I thought that was pretty good since I had idled the engine for about 30min while I watched (and cried at) part of the FSU/Louisville football game on the TV while relaxing at the rest stop.

3 comments:

  1. Well, I have to first admit that I am a Gator fan, but I root for FSU when it does not impact the Gators (Miami, no way!). Anyway, I feel for you ... I could not stop watching, but I think it was because it was like a chain reaction crash ... kept expecting it to stop ... but it wouldn't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW, love your blog ... we have a Fuse 23T that we just bought in early August.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the 23T. We love our 23a. Checkout the Facebook group we have over 100 members and are pretty active.

    Same here on Football. Root for the gators until that one Saturday in November. Dad went to UF and UGA, My brother went to FSU and UF. Me Just FSU. A rather conflicted household growing up

    ReplyDelete